The mission of DEFAP/Fiesta Mexicana Dance Company is to preserve cultural heritage and help youths by providing programs that build self-esteem and social development while creating a sense of belonging.
We strive to meet the following goals:
- Use the performing arts to teach the values of self-discipline, self-esteem, and responsibility
- Give youths a positive means of self-expression
- Prevent substance abuse by empowering and educating at-risk youths
- Provide youths with an alternative to the streets
- Improve educational performance
- Instill a sense of cultural pride and the importance of family and community