We believe that change is possible and can happen against all odds.
The mission of DEFAP/Fiesta Mexicana Dance Company is to preserve cultural heritage and help youth by providing programs that build self-esteem and social development while creating a sense of belonging.
We strive to meet the following goals:
- Use the performing arts to teach the values of self-discipline, self-esteem, and responsibility
- Give youth a positive means of self-expression
- Prevent substance abuse by empowering and educating at-risk youths
- Provide youth with an alternative to the streets
- Improve educational performance
- Instill a sense of cultural pride and the importance of family and community